About this course
Want to create the next big app, grounded in the needs of real users? Mobile Application Experiences Part 4: Understanding Use will teach you Human Computer Interaction (HCI) methods to understand current behavior in the domain, and then design, develop, and deploy your new application.
This module will explore how people use your mobile application in daily life, over an extended period of time. You will deploy and run quantitative and qualitative studies of use to understand not onlywhat users are doing, but how and why they are using your application the way that they are.
This course is part of a five-part Mobile Application Experiences series:
- 21W.789.1x: Mobile Application Experiences Part 1: From a Domain to an App Idea
- 21W.789.2x: Mobile Application Experiences Part 2: Mobile App Design
- 21W.789.3x: Mobile Application Experiences Part 3: Building Mobile Apps
- 21W.789.4x: Mobile Application Experiences Part 4: Understanding Use
- 21w.789.5.x: Mobile Application Experiences Part 5: Reporting Research Findings
What you’ll learn
- How to design quantitative studies including using instrumentation, A/B testing, and Experience Sampling methods
- How to design qualitative studies including diary studies, field deployments, and contextual interviews
- How to combine quantitative and qualitative methods to more fully understand both the what andwhy of mobile application use in daily life.
Meet the instructors
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain ($49)
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution’s logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally