About this course
Want to learn how successful businesses use marketing to increase revenue, share and profitability?
In an increasingly competitive market, marketing skills are vital to help organizations stand out, win customers, build loyalty and sustain long term impact and returns.
This business and management course will help you understand the role of marketing and introduce you to the latest tools to help create value and competitive advantage for an enterprise. In an exciting age where innovation and new business models are required to stay ahead of competitors, we explore how new players in a market can achieve impact through marketing, providing you with unique insight to even apply within your own business venture.
Learn how to build a compelling value proposition, establish presence in a market, and compete effectively against rivals. Learn how marketers use segmentation, targeting, positioning, branding, design, pricing, channels and integrated marketing communications to win against competitors, attract customers and build brand loyalty.
No previous knowledge of marketing is needed. All you need is an open-mind and the ability to think creatively.
What you’ll learn
- How marketing creates value
- How marketing can influence perceptions, purchasing and loyalty
- How segmentation, targeting and positioning can lead to more effective and profitable marketing
- How successful brands are developed and sustained
- How design, pricing, distribution, communication, people, process and physical evidence can be used to build compelling and profitable marketing strategies
- How to develop digital marketing strategies, particularly through gamification
Meet the instructor
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain ($49)
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution’s logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally