Take a look at all of the World Player of the Year’s 10 career dismissals.
1. Saturday, May 15, 2004, Aston Villa 0 Manchester United 2
Ronaldo scored in United’s 2-0 win away to Aston Villa on the final day of the season, but was booked twice for diving and time wasting late on.
His first booking was eventually rescinded meaning he didn’t have to serve a suspension.
2. Saturday, January 14, 2006, Manchester City 3 Manchester United 1
The Portuguese was shown a straight red card for a late challenge on former United favourite Andy Cole as the Red Devils went on to lose the Manchester derby 3-1.
3. Wednesday, August 15, 2007, Portsmouth 1 Manchester United 1
A straight red card and three-match ban was again dished out to Ronaldo for an apparent headbutt on Portsmouth midfielder Richard Hughes in a 1-1 draw at Fratton Park.
4. Sunday, November 30, 2008, Manchester City 0 Manchester United 1
Ronaldo saw red in a Manchester derby once more, this time for two bookable offences after a trip on Shaun Wright-Phillips and then an inexplicable handball.
5. December 5, 2009, Real Madrid 4 Almeria 2
A first red card in La Liga came in Ronaldo’s debut season for two petulant late bookings coming after he had missed a penalty and also scored Los Blancos’ fourth goal in a 4-2 win.
6. January 24, 2010, Real Madrid 2 Malaga 0
Just a month later Ronaldo doubled his count of red cards at the Bernabeu when he elbowed Malaga midfielder Patrick Mtiliga in the face as he tried to escape the Dane’s clutches. Earlier, the Portuguese had scored both Madrid’s goals in a 2-0 win.
7. May 17, 2013, Real Madrid 1 Atletico Madrid 2
On a disastrous night for Real as they lost a Madrid derby for the first time in 14 years, Ronaldo kicked out at Atletico captain Gabi in the final few minutes and was shown a straight red.
8. February 2, 2014, Athletic Bilbao 1 Real Madrid 1
Ronaldo was given a three-game ban after clashing with Athletic defender Carlos Gurpegi and then showing his disagreement with the referee when he was shown a straight red card as he left the field.