NEW DELHI: Tamil Nadu school education minister KA Sengottaiyan today announced the class 12 result. The overall pass percentage this year is 91.1 %.
“Question papers were designed in such a way that student will be able to handle entrance tests with confidence. Though, some might have found the question papers tough compared to the previous year, it will help the students in the longer run,” said education minister KA Sengottaiyan.
“Action will be taken against schools which try to promote admissions by publishing rank lists,” he added. The state had abolished ranking system earlier.
The Tamil Nadu Directorate of Government Examinations (TNDGE) upload the Tamil Nadu HSC +2 (Class 12th) result on its official website at around 9.30 am.
The 12th class examinations of the Tamil Nadu board have been conducted between 1st March 2018 and 16th April 2018.
We have seen the best pass percentage in 2017 with an outstanding 92.2% among 8,93,262 students. The girls have achieved a pass percentage of 94.5% and boys secured 89.3%.
In 2016, we had seen an increase in pass percentage of 91.4% with girls securing 94.4% pass percentage and boys getting 87.9% among the 8,33,682 students.
In 2015, the overall pass percentage was 90.6% in which girls achieved a pass percentage of 93% and boys secured 87%
We are expecting a similar numbers this year and hope girls will outperform boys this year too.
Tamil Nadu Class 12th Result: Subject-wise pass percentage
1. Physics – 96.2
2. Chemistry – 95.0
3. Biology – 96.3
4. Maths – 96.4
5. Botany – 93.9
6. Zoology – 91.3
7. Commerce – 90.3
8. Computer science – 96.1
The students can follow the Tamil Nadu Board result live updates below:
Tamil Nadu Class 12th Result: Important Updates
- More than 40% of students have scored in the range of 700 and below
- 231 students have scored above 1180, out of which 50 are boys and remaining 181 are girls
- A total of 9,07,620 candidates had appeared for the Class 12 state board exams
- The performance of Chennai marginally improved from 92.99% pass percentage last year to 93.09% this year
- The overall pass percentage has dipped from 92.1% to 91.1% this year
- Tiruppur district secured third rank with a pass percentage of 96.1%
- Virudhunagar district recorded highest pass percentage – 97% and Erode secured second position at 96.3% pass percentage
- Around 6,754 schools reported 100% result
- Girls outperformed boys and secured a pass percentage of 94.1%
- The pass percentage of boys is 87.7%
- Tamil Nadu school education minister KA Sengottaiyan announced that the overall pass percentage this year is 91.1 %
- The TNDGE Tamil Nadu Board started the evaluation of the answer sheets on April 6, 2018
- The minimum score to pass the Tamil Nadu Board examination is 30 out of 150 in theory and 40 marks out of 50 in practical exams
- The results will be announced by the Tamil Nadu School Education Minister K. A. Sengottaiyan
- The press conference for the announcement of the TN +2 results is expected to start at 9 am
- The Tamil Nadu +2 results will be announced on today at 9.30 am
- The Result will be uploaded on the official website of the TNBSE Board – tnresults.nic.in
- TNDGE Tamil Nadu HSC +2 exams were conducted from March 1- April 6
- About 8.66 lakh students have appeared for the Tamil Nadu Class 12th Board exam this year
- Out of 8.66 lakh, nearly 4.63 lakh are girls and 4.03 lakh are boys