This XSeries Program has been designed to influence, empower and educate a wider population to improve the health and healthcare of people with intellectual disability.
Worldwide, 60+ million people with intellectual disability experience poor health, die prematurely and receive inadequate healthcare. You will gain an understanding of the barriers and enablers for people with intellectual disability, their families, and their healthcare providers.
In our courses, you will learn about best practice in the field of intellectual disability healthcare and gain knowledge to improve health outcomes for this disadvantaged group.
Hear the voices of people with intellectual disability around the world, their families and healthcare practitioners:
- What is their experience – what barriers do they face and how do they overcome these?
- What are their healthcare needs and how can good health be promoted?
- What health conditions do they commonly experience and how can these be assessed and managed?
- What influence do other factors such as ageing and epilepsy have on their health?
- What mental health issues do they have and how can these be recognised and managed?
- What are some of the ethical and legal issues that are of particular relevance to them?
Courses in this XSeries Program
The courses in this XSeries can be taken individually and in any order, but it is best to take the ABLE101x Through my Eyes course first.
In-depth Knowledge… Certified.
An XSeries is a group of courses that add up to a rich understanding of an area of study. As you learn, you prove you have the knowledge with the Verified Certificates you earn in each course. Once you pass the entire series, receive a personalized XSeries Certificate that shows you put in the work, understand the material, and you have a shareable certificate to prove it!