The Odisha Public Service Commission has released the official notification for the recruitment process for the post of Assistant Director/ Assistant Commissioner, Chief Executive Officer and Enforcement Officer Posts on its official website i.e. opsc.gov.in. Candidates who wish to apply for the following posts can apply on the official website of Odisha Public Service Commission from August 6, 2019.
Important dates to keep in mind:
- First date of application: August 6, 2019
- Last date of application: September 5, 2019
Odisha Public Service Commission vacancy details:
- Assistant Director Municipal Administration/ Assistant Commissioner: 5 Posts
- Chief Executive Officer: 4 Posts
- Enforcement Officer: 3 Posts
- Executive Officer Group B – 16 Posts
Eligibility requirement: Education and age
Education qualification required:
- The candidate must have a bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university or a government recognized institute.
- The candidate should also have a computer qualification from a recognized college or an institution.
- Minimum age: 21 years
- Maximum age: 32 years
Information regarding examination:
The Odisha Public Service Commission examination will consist of the following stages:
- Written examination (objective type)
- Viva Voce test
The written test will consist of two papers; each will be of 200 marks and will have a duration of 2 hours. General studies paper 1 and General studies paper 2.
About Odisha Public Service Commission:
The Odisha Public Service Commission is the state agency authorized to conduct the Civil Services Examination for entry-level appointments to the various civil services of Odisha. It was constituted on 1st April, 1949 after it’s bifurcation from the former Bihar and Odisha Joint Public Service Commission.
At the time of the creation of the Odisha Public Service Commission, the strength of the Commission was three including Chairman. The strength increased to five in the year 1979 and further increased to six in the year 1996.