About this course
What do self-driving cars, face recognition, web search, industrial robots, missile guidance, and tumor detection have in common?
They are all complex real world problems being solved with applications of intelligence (AI).
This course will provide a broad understanding of the basic techniques for building intelligent computer systems and an understanding of how AI is applied to problems.
You will learn about the history of AI, intelligent agents, state-space problem representations, uninformed and heuristic search, game playing, logical agents, and constraint satisfaction problems.
Hands on experience will be gained by building a basic search agent. Adversarial search will be explored through the creation of a game and an introduction to machine learning includes work on linear regression.
What you’ll learn
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence and intelligent agents, history of Artificial Intelligence
- Building intelligent agents (search, games, logic, constraint satisfaction problems)
- Machine Learning algorithms
- Applications of AI (Natural Language Processing, Robotics/Vision)
- Solving real AI problems through programming with Python
Meet the instructor
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain ($300)
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution’s logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
Support our Mission
EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally