XSeries Program Overview
This introductory college-level business information systems XSeries is designed to help you pass the CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications exam and introduce you to the amazing world of Information Technology (IT).
Through this series, you will learn the basic concepts of information systems and their application, and gain familiarity with the terminology used within the IT field.
This series covers the following topic areas:
Information Systems and Office Application Software in Organizations
- Standard office suite tools, office systems (email, conferencing, etc…), basics of desktop operating systems,
- Internet, web browsers, Electronic Data Interchange and enterprise wide systems
Hardware and Systems Technology
- Computers and their components, data representation and processing
- Computer networks, client/server architecture, operating systems architecture and wireless computing
Information Systems Software Development
- Software development, systems development, information processing, user interface design and standards
- Project management
Programming Concepts and Data Management
- Programming languages and logic, object oriented methods, data types and structures, file types, databases, SQL,
- Web technologies and development, data warehousing and data mining
Business, Social, and Ethical Implications and Issues
- Economic effects, business strategies, privacy concerns, security and controls, intellectual property
- Careers in information technology
By completing this XSeries, you will be prepared to pass the CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications Exam.
What You’ll Learn
- How Information Technology is used in organizations
- An overview of how computers and communications networks work
- Basic concepts of software development and project management
- Fundamental concepts of computer programming
- Social and ethical implications of IT
Courses in this XSeries Program
This is a series of 5 courses that can be taken in any order.
In-depth Knowledge… Certified.
An XSeries is a group of courses that add up to a rich understanding of an area of study. As you learn, you prove you have the knowledge with the Verified Certificates you earn in each course. Once you pass the entire series, receive a personalized XSeries Certificate that shows you put in the work, understand the material, and you have a shareable certificate to prove it!